Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 17 - The Fireplace Mantle


From left to right: The planter was used at my
brother's funeral. My boss filled it with silk flowers
once the original flowers were gone. The baby photo
is of my niece's daughter who passed away and broke
all our hearts. The pencil drawing is of my brother and
was drawn by his daughter, Kitty. The gold clock is a
gift awarded to my husband for 25 years of service.
The Bunny Ears photo is of my daughters which
they had taken in hopes of cheering me when
I was drowning in sadness. The next photo is of my
brother and sister and myself and is talked about in a previous
post. The last photo is of my husband and girls taken many,
many, years ago. It was taken at Christmas time and is filled
with silliness and love. The picture above the mantle was a gift
from my husband's sister. The angel hanging from the mantle was
a gift from a friend. It's amazing how one small area can hold so many
memories.

No comments: